• 500g wholewheat spaghetti
• 1 can (400g) pilchards in tomato sauce
• Glug olive oil
• 4 garlic cloves, sliced
• Pinch chilli flakes
• Handful calamata olives, pitted
• 2 tbsp (30ml) capers
• Handful flat-leaf or curly parsley, chopped
• Salt and milled pepper
• Lemon juice
- Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- Drain pilchards, reserving sauce.
- Break pilchards into chunks.
- Heat oil, garlic and chilli flakes, until fragrant.
- Add reserved tomato sauce, and cook to heat. Add a splash of water if you like.
- Stir in pilchards, olives and capers, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add parsley, and gently toss through cooked spaghetti.
- Season, and drizzle with a little lemon juice.