• 1 roll (400g) shortcrust pastry
• 4 eggs
• 450g pumpkin purée (about 500g raw pumpkin)
• 1 cup (200g) sugar
• ½ tsp (3ml) salt
• ¼ tsp (2ml) nutmeg, ground
• ¼ tsp (2ml) cloves, ground
• 2 tsp (10ml) cinnamon, ground
• ½ tsp (3ml) ginger, ground
• 1 can (410g) evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a greased 25cm quiche pan with rolled out pastry, and bake blind for 10-15 minutes.
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Pour filling into pie shell and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Decorate by creating a spider web with white frosting.