Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 60 min
- 10 dates, chopped
- 3/4 cup water, boiling
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- additional whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 180 C and lightly grease an 8x8 inch baking pan with butter.
- In medium bowl, stir together dates, baking powder, boiling water and vanilla extract
- Allow mixture to sit for 15 min.
- In separate bowl, cream together sugar and butter with electric mixer, at least 3 min, until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix.
- In separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture, until just combined.
- Fold in date mixture, until just combined. Do not drain. Do not cover mix.
- Spread mixture evenly into the baking pan.
- Bake for 22-24 min and check with a toothpick.
- Combine all ingredients and simmer on low, until sugar is melted.
- Serve hot sauce over warm cakes.