Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 60 min
- 1 kg boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp chilli powder, to taste
- 2 tsp Kashmiri medium masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground garlic
- 80 ml plain yoghurt
- 1 tin tomato purée
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- Mix together chicken, chilli powder, masala, coriander, cumin, garam masala, turmeric, lemon juice, ginger, garlic and yoghurt. Leave to marinate 4-5 hrs.
- Heat butter and oil together, add whole spices (e.g. cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves, cardamom) and onions. Fry until soft and slightly browned.
- Add marinated chicken mixture, cook for ± 10 min.
- Add tomato purée, continue to cook until done.
- Add fresh cream and chopped coriander, simmer for 5 min.
- Serve with basmati rice and naan bread.