Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 15-30 min
- 1/2 cup peri-peri oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 red chillies
- 3 bird's eye chilies
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 kg prawns
- 1 cup peri-peri sauce
- coriander, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter and oil, to fry
- Heat oil in saucepan, add onions and fry until translucent.
- Add garlic, tomatoes and cook for 8 min.
- Add remaining ingredients, cook for 5 min.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Clean and devein prawns, leaving shell on and removing heads.
- Heat oil and butter in saucepan, add prawns in small batches, cook for a few min until pink.
- Add sauce to prawns and simmer until well combined and cooked through. Add coriander.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges and sauce.