Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 4 hrs
- 2/3 cup thickened cream
- 2/3 cup mik
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 3 pods cardamom
- 1 leaf gelatine
- water, cold
- rose water
- pink food colouring
- 110 g castor sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 75 g unsalted pistachio kernels, roughly chopped
- Soak gelatine in cold water.
- In saucepan, add cream, milk, sugar and cardamom. Gently heat 2-3 min, whilst stirring.
- Stir in gelatine and cook 10 min.
- Place into moulds and refrigerate until set.
- In saucepan, heat rose water and sugar. Bring to boil, then reduce heat.
- Keep stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add food colouring and allow to cool.
- Pour over panna cotta before serving.
- In saucepan on med-high, heat water and castor sugar. Stir continuously, until bubbling and starting to caramelise.
- Stir in pistachios then pour onto baking sheet, lined with baking paper. Allow to cool.
- Break into shards and serve with panna cotta.