- 200g fresh raspberries
- 295g cake flour
- 4tsp cornflour
- 350g caster sugar
- 4tsp baking powder
- 1tsp salt
- 6 egg whites, room temperature
- 160ml milk, room temperature
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 170g unsalted butter
- 150g fresh raspberries
- 60g icing sugar
- 200g unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, zest of
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Purée 150g of the fresh raspberries, and then strain out the pips.
- Sift the flour and cornflour together.
- Add the sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg whites, milk, vanilla extract and raspberry purée.
- Mix gently with a fork to combine.
- Mix butter into the flour mixture, and combine.
- Add the milk mixture in thirds to the flour mixture, beating continuously.
- Beat for 1 minute once all combined.
- Fold in the remaining raspberries (chopped).
- Scoop the batter into cupcake cases and bake for 20 minutes.
- Purée the raspberries as before.
- Beat the sugar and butter, until pale and fluffy.
- Add the lemon zest.
- Split the icing into half, add the purée, and put each half into separate sides of a piping bag.
This recipe was created and written by the accredited contestant of The Great South African Bake Off. BBC Worldwide accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of ingredients, method or content.