• 200g cake flour
• 80g butter
• 450g ricotta cheese
• ½ tsp (3ml) baking powder
• 1 tsp (5ml) grated lemon rind
• Pinch salt
• 100g raisins
• Brandy, as needed
• 80g butter
• 2 tbsp (30ml) thick cream
• 100g sugar
• 2 egg yolks
• Amaretti or almond-flavoured biscuits
• 100g dark chocolate (90% cocoa)
• 100g cocoa powder
• 400ml cream
• 50g icing sugar
• About ¼ cup espresso coffee
- Place flour on a working surface, and make a well in the centre.
- Add half the butter (cut into small pieces), half the ricotta cheese, baking powder, lemon rind and salt.
- Stir to mix, and then knead to form a soft dough.
- Rest dough in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into a thick rectangular shape, and then fold in the dough three times to create a parcel.
- Roll out again, and repeat process four times.
- Roll dough into a round shape to fit a baking dish.
- Cover raisins with brandy, and soak to soften.
- Cream butter, sugar and egg yolks. Stir in ricotta cheese, cream and drained raisins.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of crushed biscuits over the prepared pastry base.
- Spoon filling on top.
- Bake at 200°C for about 40 minutes, or until set.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over boiling water.
- Turn off heat, add cream and stir to mix.
- Add cocoa powder and sugar, and whisk until very smooth.
- Stir in coffee, and stir to desired thickness.