• 1½kg beef fillet
• 2 tbsp (30ml) olive oil
• Salt and black pepper
• Fresh thyme
• 1 cup (250ml) sour cream
• ¼ cup (60ml) creamed horseradish
• Milled pepper
• Watercress and baby spinach salad
- Mix oil, seasoning and thyme leaves together, and rub over fillet.
- Sear fillet in a smoking hot pan to brown.
- Pop into a preheated oven at 230°C for 8-10 minutes (for rare meat).
- Remove, and rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Mix cream and horseradish together, and season to taste.
- Serve fillet with horseradish sauce and a watercress and baby spinach salad.