• 10-12 baby beetroots
• Olive oil • Salt and milled pepper
• ½ cup (125ml) olive oil
• Juice of ½ orange
• 3 tbsp (45ml) white balsamic vinegar
• 1 fat clove garlic
• Salt and milled pepper
• 2 tbsp (30ml) fresh oregano, torn
• 2 tbsp (30ml) fresh mint, torn
• 100g goat cheese or feta, crumbled
- Place beetroot in cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Drain, peel and place in a roasting pan.
- Toss with a little olive oil, season well and roast in a preheated oven at 180°C oven until tender (about 30-45 minutes).
- Remove from oven, cool for 20 minutes then pour over dressing while still warm.
- To serve, toss herbs with goat cheese and scatter over beetroot.
- Serve at room temperature.