Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 2 hrs
- 1 3/4 cup carrot cake
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp Grand Marnier
- 225 g cream cheese
- 1/2 cup double cream
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Deconstruct the carrot cake and bake in oven for 20 min. Place cake in blender to make crumbs.
- Make crumble: In a bowl, combine carrot cake crumbs with butter and sugar.
- Press mixture into a 9-inch spring form pan, to form the base.
- In a large bowl with hand-held electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed.
- Add double cream and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition.
- Lastly fold in orange zest and liquor.
- Pour filling over base and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 70 min. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 6 hrs or preferably overnight.