Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 90 min
- 1.5 kg salmon fillet, with skin
- 1 cup gin
- 200 ml elderflower syrup
- 3 sprigs dill
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 1 pkt baby potatoes
- 250 ml cream
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 6 baby beets
- 1 pkt cranberry jelly
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- Make cure for salmon: In a bowl combine gin, herbs, elderflower syrup, sugar, olive oil, honey.
- Gently massage cure onto salmon, wrap in cling film and place in fridge for 24 hrs.
- Place beets in foil, drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and whole crushed garlic cloves. Wrap in foil, bake at 200 C for 40 min.
- Once cooked, cool and slide skin off. Slice thinly and set aside.
- Prepare cranberry jelly as per packet instructions and pour half into a rectangular glass bowl.
- Arrange beet slices and sprinkle over cranberries.
- Pour over remaining cranberry jelly, place in fridge and allow to set.
- Cook baby potatoes for 10 min, allow to cool, dice and season well.
- Crush the egg yolks with a fork and blend with potatoes to coat. Place in fridge to cool.