• 1 roll shortcrust pastry or 1 quantity basic cream cheese pastry
• Olive oil
• 2-3 leeks, sliced
• 1-2 tbsp (15-30ml) capers, drained
• 1 large can (415g) pink salmon, drained
• 1 cup (250ml) grated mature cheddar
• 1 tub (250g) crème fraîche
• 60ml (¼ cup) milk
• 2 extra large eggs, beaten
• Salt and milled pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Roll out pastry to just less than ½cm thick.
- Line a 25cm tart dish with pastry, prick pastry with a fork and bake blind for 8 minutes. Cool.
- Sauté leeks in a glug of oil, until soft.
- Scatter leeks, capers and salmon over tart base.
- Beat crème fraîche, milk and eggs together. Stir in cheese, and pour over filling. Season well.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden and filling is set.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.