Serves: 4-6 people
Preparation time: 3 hrs
- 1 pkt yeast
- beef chuck, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 pkt frozen mixed vegetables / carrots
- 1 small tub garlic
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 pkt Knorr beef stew powder
- 1 pkt mild raja spice
- olive oil
- 1 sachet barbeque spice
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 onion
- 1 pkt bacon
- 1 block cheddar cheese
- 1 tin condensed milk
- In bowl, mix flour and yeast. Add lukewarm water and knead. Set aside ±30 min to prove.
- Place beef chuck into pot, add water and simmer until meat soft.
- In pan, heat olive oil and fry onion, garlic and green pepper until brown. Add mixed veg/carrots.
- Add veg mix to beef pot, when meat tender. Simmer.
- Mix together beef stew powder and 4 tbsp water, to form smooth paste.
- Add beef paste to pot, simmer 5 min until it thickens.
- Wash broccoli and cut into pieces.
- Boil broccoli together with onion for 2 min. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Fry bacon and set aside to cool. Break/cut into small pieces
- Cut cheese into small cubes.
- Mix together broccoli, bacon and cheese.
- In bowl, mix together mayonnaise and condensed milk then add to broccoli mixture.
- Place in refrigerator to cool.