• Glug olive oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 clove garlic, sliced
• 2 sticks celery, chopped
• 400g broccoli, broken into florets
• About 4 cups (1 litre) chicken or vegetable stock
• 2 x 410g cans cannellini beans, drained
• Salt and milled pepper
• Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat a generous glug of oil in a large pot, and fry onion until glossy.
- Add garlic and celery, and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, stock and beans. Cook until broccoli is tender but still green.
- Season then blitz in a food processor.
- Serve with parmesan crisps or crispy fried bacon bits.
- Arrange circles of grated parmesan on a non-stick baking tray.
- Grill until bubbly and slightly browned.
- Remove, and cool to crisp.