Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 60 min
- 40 g butter + extra to grease soufflé dishes
- 25 g plain flour
- 300 ml milk
- 85 g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 tsp chopped dill + dill sprigs to garnish
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 85 g salmon, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 6 tsp crème fraîche
- 2 large slices smoked salmon
- handful rocket, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Butter 6 small soufflé dishes and line bases with greaseproof paper.
- In saucepan, place butter, flour and milk. Heat until thickened.
- Stir in cream cheese and dill. Remove from heat and beat until incorporated.
- Stir in egg yolks, add salmon and lemon zest.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff, fold into salmon mix.
- Spoon mixture into soufflé dishes.
- Bake in ovenproof dish half filled with cold water, for 15 min until risen and golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. They may sink a little but don’t worry!
- Just before serving, turn soufflés out of dishes, peel off greaseproof paper.
- Place on squares of baking paper and top with crème fraîche.
- Bake at 200 C for 10-15 min, until they start to puff up.
- Remove from oven and top each with a frill of salmon and a dill sprig
- Serve on plate with some rocket.
- Note: Soufflés can be frozen for up to 6 wks. After cooling, leave soufflés in their dishes, wrap in tin foil and place in freezer.