• 2kg leg of lamb
• 6 garlic cloves, sliced
• About 12 anchovies
• 3 large onions, thickly sliced
• 1 cup (250ml) white wine
• ¾ cup (80ml) cup lamb stock
• Pinch sugar
• Salt and milled pepper
- Stud lamb with garlic and anchovies.
- Arrange sliced onion on the base of a large roasting pan. Top with lamb.
- Mix wine, stock, sugar and seasoning together, and then pour over the lamb.
- Cover with foil, and roast at 160°C for 2 hours.
- Remove foil, and roast for a further 2-3 hours.
- Shred lamb with a fork, and arrange on a platter with onions and some of the pan juices.
- Serve with pita breads or wraps and a chopped salad.