• 1 tbsp (15ml) castor sugar
• Pinch salt
• 3 tbsp (45ml) white wine or white balsamic vinegar
• 1 large bulb fennel, thinly sliced
• 6-8 radishes, thinly sliced
• 2 large stalks celery, thinly sliced
• Salt and milled pepper
• 6 PnP pork Cape steaks or smoked rashers
• ¼ cup (60ml) chutney
• 6 bread rolls
• Butter lettuce leaves
- Mix sugar, salt and vinegar in a large bowl. Toss in vegetables and set aside to pickle for about 20 minutes.
- Brush steaks with chutney. Grill, braai or fry until cooked through.
- Spread rolls with lashings of mayo.
- Top with lettuce, pork and pickle.