• 450g packet mussels on the half-shell
• 1 small onion, very finely diced
• 100g chorizo, very finely chopped
• ½ tsp (3ml) smoked paprika
• 2 tbsp (30ml) parsley, chopped
• 1 cup (250ml) fresh breadcrumbs
• Finely grated peel of 1 lemon
• Squeeze of lemon juice
• 3 tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- Place mussels on a baking tray.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Add onion and chorizo, and fry until they begin to colour (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add smoked paprika, and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and mix in parsley, breadcrumbs, lemon peel and olive oil. Add a squeeze of lemon juice, and season to taste. Spoon mixture over the mussels.
- Cook under a preheated grill, until the breadcrumbs are crisp and golden brown (about 3 minutes).