• Oil, for frying
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 tsp (5ml) each of ground coriander, cumin, cinnamon
• 1 cup (250ml) couscous
• 1 cup (250ml) hot chicken stock
• ¼ cup (60ml) cashew nuts, toasted and chopped
• 3 tbsp (45ml) fresh mint, chopped
• 2 tbsp (30ml) sultanas
• Salt and milled pepper
- Heat a glug of oil in a frying pan, and sauté onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add spices, and fry until aromatic. Season.
- Stir in couscous, and toss to coat with spices.
- Pour over boiling hot stock, remove from heat and cover immediately.
- Allow it to steam for about 5-10 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Add nuts, honey, fresh mint and sultanas, and gently mix with a fork.
- Season and serve.