Serves: 4 people
Preparation & setting time: 4 hrs
- 250 ml dessert cream
- 250 ml coffee liqueur
- 300 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 pkt boudoir biscuits
- 1/2 cup egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- mint leaves, to garnish
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar in metal bowl, until completely combined.
- Boil water in saucepan, place metal bowl on top of sauce pan, to heat egg yolk and sugar mixture gently.
- Continue whisking mixture until thick, about 8 min.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla essence. Once cooled, add mascarpone cheese.
- Fold mixture gently, being careful not to over mix.
- Whip dessert cream until thick. Fold into mascarpone, to form velvet smooth texture.
- Drench boudoir biscuits in coffee liqueur. Biscuits must be well soaked but not soggy.
- To serve in individual glasses: Layer cream and soaked biscuits, ending with cream layer. Sift cocoa powder over cream and decorate with a mint leaf.