Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 30 min
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp white sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, beat together egg, milk, water and oil.
- Beat in flour, sugar and salt until smooth.
- Heat a medium, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place a ladleful of crepe batter into centre of pan, tilting to coat the bottom.
- Cook until golden brown on one side, turning once, 2-5 mins. Continue with remaining batter.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- To assemble, spread some melted chocolate on the lighter side of one crepe. Place a line of overlapping strawberries down the centre of the crepe and roll it up. Top with whipped topping and drizzle with a bit more chocolate.
- Repeat with remaining crepes.