Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 30 min
- 1 kg large prawns, peeled and deveined
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50 ml raki
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tins diced tomatoes
- 75 ml dry white wine
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 250 g feta cheese
- Marinate prawns in 25 ml raki, 1 tbsp olive oil, lemon zest, 1 tsp garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In heavy bottom pan, sauté onion until translucent.
- Add remaining garlic.
- Add tomatoes and remaining raki. Simmer until thickened.
- Add parsley and season.
- Reduce heat, add prawns and marinating juices, cover until prawns are cooked.
- Remove from heat, stir in feta, sprinkle with dill and serve.