• 300g light brown sugar
• 180g butter
• 1 extra-large egg yolk
• 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
• 375g cake flour
• Sparkle sweets
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line 2 baking tray with baking paper, and coat with cooking spray.
- Cream sugar, butter, egg and vanilla together until pale and fluffy.
- Sift in dry ingredients, and mix to form a stiff dough. You may need a splash of chilled water if the dough is too dry.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out onto a dusted surface to about ½cm thickness.
- Stamp out cookies into desired shapes, and place on prepared baking tray.
- To make windowpane cookies, place a sparkle sweet in the centre of each punched out shape.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly coloured.
- Cool and package.