- 500g white bread flour
- 10g salt
- 2g sugar
- 10g instant yeast
- 140ml olive oil
- 400ml warm water
- Semolina, for dusting
- 1 tub sundried tomatoes in vinaigrette
- 200g halloumi cheese
- ½ cup pomegranate molasses
- 1tbsp baharat spice blend
- Coarse sea salt
- Place flour in bowl.
- Mix yeast and sugar with 30ml of the warm water, and set aside.
- Mix salt with 30ml of the warm water, and add to one side of the flour.
- Add wet yeast mix to opposite side of the flour.
- Add 40ml of olive oil and 300ml of the warm water to flour mixture.
- Bring together and knead.
- Add remaining 60ml of warm water, a little at a time, to form a soft, rough dough.
- Coat work surface with some olive oil.
- Tip dough onto work surface and begin to knead.
- Knead for 10 minutes, until soft and smooth (this is a wet dough, so avoid adding more flour).
- When dough is soft and elastic, place in a lightly oiled container.
- Cover with cling wrap, and leave to prove for 1 hour.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Put olive oil on work surface, and dust with fine semolina.
- Gently tip dough onto surface to not release air.
- Stretch dough out to a flat even piece, and place on baking tray.
- Put tray into a clean plastic bag, and leave to prove.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Make deep dimples with your fingers in the dough (make sure to push through to the bottom of the tray).
The following recipe was created and written by the accredited contestant of The Great South African Bake Off. BBC Worldwide accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of ingredients, method or content.