• 100g blanched almonds
• 100g castor sugar
• 400g ricotta
• Seeds from ½ vanilla pod
• 3 tbsp (45ml) icing sugar
• 3 tbsp (45ml) dessert wine or medium-cream sherry
• ½ cup (125ml) cream, whipped to soft peak stage
• 100g mixed berries
- Roast almonds in a 180°C oven for about 5 minutes, until lightly coloured.
- Place sugar in a pot with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Cook, without stirring, until sugar melts and turns golden.
- Add nuts, and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour onto an oiled baking sheet, and cool.
- When set, pop into a bag and bash with a rolling pin.
- Beat ricotta, vanilla, icing sugar and sherry together.
- Fold in cream.
- Spoon ricotta into glasses, top with berries and almond brittle.