Serves: 4 people (2 meatballs/person)
Preparation time: 85 min
- 650 g ground beef
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 1/2 cups fresh tomato sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
- In large bowl, combine beef, ricotta, parmesan, eggs, salt, parsley, mint, pepper, garlic, cumin and lemon zest.
- Make fine breadcrumbs from bread, add to beef mixture. Mix all ingredients together with hands (do not overwork).
- Form 8 meatballs and place on baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and bake until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with fresh tomato sauce.