Serves: 4 people (2 breasts/person)
Preparation time: 45 min
- 8 chicken breasts (skinless & boneless)
- 1 cup tequila
- 85 g cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- Preheat oven to 218 C.
- Place chicken breasts in baking dish and add tequila.
- Drizzle chicken with lime juice, sprinkle with 1/2 lime zest and 1/2 garlic powder.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate 30 min in fridge.
- Remove from fridge, uncover and turn chicken over. Drizzle with lime juice, sprinkle with remaining lime zest and garlic powder. Cover and refrigerate further 30 min.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake chicken 25 min.
- Transfer chicken to roasting rack and bake further 10 min.
- Prepare country style vegetables and roast in oven 30 min, or until done.