Serves: 6 people
Preparation time: 25 min, Chilling time: 6 hrs
- 300 g digestive biscuits
- 150 g unsalted butter, melted
- 400 g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 300 g full fat Philadelphia cream cheese
- 200 g mascarpone cheese
- 300 ml double cream
- 200 g fresh strawberries, to serve
- Crush biscuits to fine crumb. Add melted butter and and combine to form crumbly consistency.
- Grease base of 23 cm deep square bowl. Add biscuit mixture and pat flat. Allow to set 30 min in fridge.
- Melt chocolate in heatproof glass bowl over small pan of hot water, on low heat. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Remove from heat. Allow to cool 10 min, until barely warm but still liquid.
- Whisk together cream cheese and mascarpone. Add double cream and keep whisking until mixture is just holding its own shape.
- Add melted chocolate and whisk until just combined.
- Spoon mixture over cooled biscuit base, then smooth the top.
- Chill in fridge min 6 hrs, until topping set.
- Cut fresh strawberries to decorate cheesecake.