- 2 cups Flour
- ¾ cups
- Castor Sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2/3 cup
- ¾ cup Milk
- 3 ea. Eggs
- 1 tsp.Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup Mascarpone
- ½ cup Icing sugar
- ¼ cup Cream
- 2 tbsp. Coffee Liqueur
- 3.5 tbsp. Butter
- ¼ cup Cocoa
- 2 cup Icing sugar
- ¾ cup Water
- 2 tbsp. Instant coffee
- 2½ cup Desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp. Cocoa
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Grease and line a 305 x 200 x 30mm rectangle baking tin
- Cream margarine and sugar until light
- Beat in eggs one at a time
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Alternately add the flour mix and milk to form a batter
- Bake at 180C for 25-30 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely. Place in fridge until needed.
- Beat mascarpone, icing sugar and cream until fluffy.
- Mix in coffee liqueur
- Combine icing sugar, coffee, cocoa powder, butter and water
- Bring to the boil whilst stirring all the time.
- Keep warm
- Halve cake horizontally. Trim 1cm edges of the cake.
- Reserve a quarter of mascarpone cream,
- Spread the remainder over on layer of sponge
- Top with remaining cake.
- Cut cake into equal sized rectangles. Place coconut on a plate.
- Use 2 forks to dip the cake squares in glaze. Shake off excess.
- Roll in coconut to coat. Transfer lamington to a lined tray.
- Decorate with reserved cream and dust with cocoa.