Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 60 min
- 4 medallions beef fillet
- 250 ml red wine
- 2 red onions
- 500 g broccoli stems
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick celery
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 dried bay leaves
- pinch thyme
- 625 ml beef stock
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In saucepan, place red wine and 1 chopped onion. Boil until reduced.
- Fry 1 onion, celery and carrot until soft and caramelised. Add flour to brown.
- Add stock, thyme and bay leaves. Boil 30 min.
- Once boiled, sieve sauce and add to red wine sauce.
- Blanche broccoli until just cooked but still tender.
- Prepare couscous, add peppers and season to taste.
- Heat up griddle pan, grill fillet on both sides until done .
- Plate and serve.