Serves: 4 people (makes 12)
Preparation time: 60 min
- 600 g puff pastry
- 1 large lemon, zested
- 7 large eggs, separated
- 500 g sugar
- 60 g flour
- 500 ml milk
- 250 ml water
- In saucepan, add water and sugar. Heat gently, stirring until sugar melted.
- In separate saucepan, add milk, flour and lemon zest. Heat gently, stirring until thick and smooth.
- Add sugar water to milk mixture to make custard. Stir well and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 220 C.
- Roll out pastry, re-roll into swiss roll and cut into 2 cm sections.
- Add pastry to moulds and spread in.
- Add egg yolks to custard mixture and mix well.
- Pour into pastry moulds, bake 20 min.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and serve with shot of espresso.