Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 60 min
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 50 g soft brown sugar
- 15 g maple syrup
- 40 g flour
- 35 g dark cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g walnuts, chopped
- 50 g milk chocolate chips
- icing sugar, to decorate
- Pre-heat oven to 150 C.
- Place butter, sugar and maple syrup into heavy-based saucepan.
- Gently warm at medium heat, stirring occasionally until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- In bowl, mix flour, cocoa and salt.
- Add flour mixture to saucepan of butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Hand whisk egg and vanilla together.
- Add to saucepan of chocolate mixture and fully combine.
- Add nuts and chocolate chips. Mix gently until fully incorporated.
- Lightly spray 2 mini loaf tins with canola spray.
- Divide brownie mixture evenly between 2 tins and bake at 150 C for ± 15 min.
- Note: Brownie is ready when just beginning to come away from sides of tin and top has dried a little around the edges, yet still gooey inside.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.