• ½ cup (125ml) butter
• ¾ cup (180ml) sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
• 1 tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon
• 2 cups (500ml) flour, sifted
• ½ tsp salt
• 2 tsp (10ml) baking powder
• 5 medium (or 3 large) bananas, mashed
• 50g pecan nuts, toasted and chopped
- Cream butter and sugar together, until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs (one by one), vanilla essence and cinnamon.
- Fold through flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add bananas and pecan nuts. Mix well.
- Pour into a loaf tin and bake at 180°C for about 45 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.