- 300g Cake Wheat Flour
- 2ea. Egg Yolk
- 200g Unsalted Butter
- 100g Castor Sugar
- 230g Castor Sugar
- 30ml Water
- 200g Walnut
- 250ml Cream
- 125ml Double Thick Cream
- 180ml Icing Sugar
- 5ml Instant Coffee Powder
- 2.5ml Hot Water
Walnut & Coffee:
- 2ea. Egg
- 140g Muscovado Sugar
- 100ml Fresh Cream
- 10ml Instant Coffee Powder
- 10ml Hot Water
- 40g Butter (melted)
- 30ml Icing Sugar
- 40ea. Chocolate Coated Beans
- Preheat oven 180C.
- Cream the butter with sugar until pale.
- Add egg yolk and mix well.
- Add sifted flour and mix.
- Shape into a disc and wrap in cling film.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to thickness of 6mm.
- Place it into a flan tin 23cm diameter.
- Place a piece of foil on top of the tart crust and fill with baking beans.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and remove the baking beans and the foil.
- Use fork to make some holes at the bottom.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the oven to 150C.
- Dissolve sugar and water to make a syrup
- Chop the walnut slightly and place on top of a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle the syrup onto the walnut.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then allow to cool
- Dissolve coffee powder with hot water. Allow it to cool.
- Whisk cream and icing sugar.
- Add cooled coffee and mix well.
Walnut & Coffee Filling:
- Dissolve instant coffee with hot water. Allow it to cool.
- Whisk egg and sugar.
- Add cream, coffee, butter and mix.
- Add the toasted walnut and combine well.
- Add the filling to the pie shell.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Leave to cool and then sieve some icing sugar on top.
- Pipe coffee cream and decorate with chocolate-coated coffee beans.