Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 8 hrs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1kg beef, round
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 pkt brown onion soup
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tin cream of mushroom soup
- 1 large chicken
- 3 oranges (or mandarins)
- 60ml lemon juice
- 60ml soy sauce
- 60ml orange juice
- 5ml sherry
- 2 star anise
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup spring onion
- 2 pkt roast gravy powder
- 1 pkt carrots, cubed
- 1 pkt zucchini, spiralled
- 1 pkt vegetable bake spices
- sea salt, pepper & cinnamon, to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Sauté onions and garlic, add Worcester sauce and place beef in pan to sear the outside until colour changes.
- Remove onion, garlic, Worcester sauce mixture and place into a slow cooker.
- Roll beef in brown onion soup powder, to coat. Place in slow cooker on top of onion mixture.
- Pour tin of cream of mushroom soup over beef and add water into slow cooker.
- Cook for 7-8 hrs on low.
- Place chicken and sliced oranges in a baking bag.
- Combine all other ingredients except honey and spring onions and pour over chicken.
- Cover with foil and roast for 70 min.
- When ready to serve: drizzle honey and spring onions over the chicken and roast for additional 15-20 min.
- Cook carrots until lightly tender (about 8 min) then remove from the heat. Cool down over cold water until ready to serve.
- Whisk together vegetable oil and maple syrup over low heat. Add carrots, and sauté for 1-2 min. Season with salt, pepper and cinnamon.
- Place zucchini in a bowl, drizzle over olive oil and stir to coat.
- Add packet spices, toss to coat.
- Place zucchini on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for around 15 min, until tender.